Our first Teacher Feature Tuesday today is Mrs. Otto. She has been with the district 11 years! Here's a little bit about her:
1. Name: Kim Otto
2. Hometown: I grew up in Lamar but have lived in Lockwood for 23 years.
3. Children: I have 3 children; Donald, Lacy and Melanie. I also have 2 son-in-laws, Ben and Steve and 4 grandchildren, Brennon, Mariah, Isabella and our Angel Amelia.
4. Hobbies: I like to make cakes but I love photography.
5. First Job: My first job was at Thorco in Lamar…. I hated it!
6. Question you get asked frequently: You are a Grandma??
7. Unique Fact: My degree started out as Education of the Deaf but I soon realized that I would probably not be able to use that around here, but…. I know sign language!
8. Year you started teaching: I first taught kindergarten at Round Grove Christian Academy in 2000. I taught there for 5 years and 6th grade at Dadeville for 1 year before coming to Lockwood.
9. Degree? If so, where from? I have my Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Missouri State, A Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction from William Woods and a Master’s in Special Education from Drury University.
11. What do you start your day with? Coffee
12. Position at Lockwood I am currently Middle School Special Education and District Special Education Coordinator. I am Assistant Varsity Volleyball Coach and Assistant Softball Coach.